Friday, May 02, 2008

On Difficult Lawyers ....

Recently, Judge Vickie Miles LaGrange of The United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma struck a blow for the good guys in our profession and it is now being reported around the country. An article about her action can be found in the ABA Journal. (Link HERE.) And, it is being commented upon in the upper echelons of the legal blogosphere as well. (Link HERE.) Her order speaks for itself. Click on the images to read it. There is a classic line in the Motion for Protective Order that prompted this order:

" The seriousness of the allegations and the potential for a significant verdict justify an aggressive defense but not a defense based upon personal attacks, character assassination or threats and innuendos ..."

Having been the victim of such attacks myself, I can fully understand why the motion was filed and am glad to see that Oklahoma judges are refusing to put up with such conduct.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jimmie D. Martin said...

Bill the advocate...I think I may like your style.
I hope that does not offend you.
I was raised so far back in the sticks they had to pump sunshine in...and moonshine out. But I am the smartest man I ever met. What did it get me? I have all the money I want to spend, my grandkids are in gifted classes. that could be attributed to choosing a valedictorian as wife 47 years ago. I know my eternal destination and love my Creator beyond measure.
Lets do lunch sometime after you win your next big case.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home